The Project AWARE Specialty program is a nondiving program designed to familiarize divers and nondivers with the plight of aquatic ecosystems around the world. It also
describes what individuals can do to help protect aquatic resources. Thus, the goals of
this course are to familiarize participants with:
• The role Project AWARE Foundation plays in protecting aquatic ecosystems worldwide.
• The importance, and the interdependent nature, of aquatic ecosystems.
• The pertinent issues concerning the environmental status of underwater
environments, such as pollution, fi sheries and coastal zone management.
• Information needed to take specifi c actions to help conserve underwater
We also cover projects taking place here in Phuket with the Go Eco Phuket group of Dive centres who are all contributing to Marine Conservation in Phuket by joining together to protect the environment.
Go Eco Phuket in conjunction with Project Aware have organised the largest underwater clean up project in the world. click on the Go Eco Phuket logo for more information.
This course can be run in conjunction with the following Courses at a reduced price of 2,500 Thai Baht (to cover the PADI certification cost)
• Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Diver Course
• Peak Performance Buoyancy Clinic
• AWARE – Fish Identification, Underwater Naturalist or
• PADI Skin Diver Course and Discover Snorkeling
• PADI Seal Team – AquaMission: Inner Space
• Project AWARE Specialty Program
Course Schedule: This is a 2 hour classroom based information course conducted in our airconditioned classroom.
Course Cost: 6,500 Thai Baht (unless combined with another course)
Includes: Aware - Our World Our Water Manual, Certification, Drinks